It’s time to turn those sales skills inside out. Sell your value by presenting your own features and benefits in a great salesperson resume.
Retail Sales Associate Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
The more skills from experience, the better. Duties from related jobs count as well:
- Service and sales
- Product information
- Software skills
- Cash handling
Retail Sales Associate Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Talk yourself up - remember, you are the merchandise here:
- Achieving goals
- Extra commitment
- Added responsibilities
Retail Sales Associate Resume Example
Retail Sales Associate, Lit, Marshall, AL
February 2012 - Present
- Retail sales and service: Full-time retail sales associate, providing friendly guidance and service in upscale lighting retail store. Responsible for helping both walk-in and appointment customers with single lighting purchases or whole-house lighting plans, and referring homeowners to preferred technicians.
- Product guidance: Learn specs and applications for display and special order items; review catalog releases to maintain knowledge of available products and manufacturer styles.
- Lighting software: Utilize Light Chart design software to layout lighting plans based on customer measurements, needs, and desired effects.
- Tested and implemented selling steps process to increase walk-in conversions by 20% (2013 over 2012).
- Volunteered to work local and neighboring city home show booths. Handled transporting, assembly, and takedown of vignettes; greeted attendees and presented event promo; answered questions about display and available services; scheduled consultations.
- Assigned cash register open and close duties, including nightly bank deposit.