Treat your career with the same care you bring to the sales floor. Build a retail manager resume full of people and organizational skills - and of course, your appreciation for the bottom line.
Retail Manager Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
List the HR, customer, and management skills that make you a great manager:
- Store management
- Human resources
- Profit and loss
Retail Manager Highlights - Success Stories
Reference achievements that showcase your proven results and knowledge of retail:
- Store updates
- Stand-out goals/outcomes
- Regional successes
Retail Manager Resume Example
Retail Manager, Cinch It, Lafayette, IN
September 2012 - present
- Retail management: Manage launch and continued operations of clothing retail chain. Duties include customer service, merchandising, seasonal display installation, inventory, and complaint resolution.
- Human resources: Hire and train sales and recovery staff. Manage fair scheduling, policy compliance, and disciplinary process. Also responsible for assigning sales quotas and assigning incentives.
- Profit & loss management: Participate in quarterly P & L call with regional manager to review, report, and adjust sales and inventory strategy accordingly.
- Transferred from Indianapolis to lead set-up, staffing, and launch of Lafayette store.
- Ranked #1 regionally in loss prevention. Implemented new recruit "values IQ" exam, reducing inventory loss by 4% in first six months.
- Surpassed first year sales goals by 18%, ranking third in midwest region launches.