Your healthcare expertise has advanced past the average dental hygienist job description. By creating or updating your resume, you can promote yourself as a better qualified and competent employee.
Dental Hygienist Resume Highlights – Skills and Responsibilities
List the skills that are necessary to working in a dental office and aiding clients:
- Performing basic dental care
- Administering checkups
- Teaching cleaning techniques
- Giving X-rays
Dental Hygienist Resume Highlights – Success Stories
Give examples of how you will do an exceptional job as a dental hygienist:
- Additional training
- Positive reviews
- Efficiency improvements
Dental Hygienist Resume Example
Dental Hygienist, Robinson Family Dentistry, Salt Lake City, UT
October 2009 – April 2013
- Dental Hygienist: Responsible for conducting checkups which involve removing the plaque from patients' teeth and thoroughly cleaning them, screening patients and reviewing their oral health history.
- Teaching cleaning techniques: Showing patients advanced brushing and flossing techniques. Providing them with new materials, like toothbrushes and floss.
- Giving X-rays: Taking quality pictures of patients' teeth and developing the film for the dentist's examination.
- Passed the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination.
- Trained in administering anesthesia, sculpting materials for cavities, removing stitches and working with metal tooth pieces.
- Consistent high-praise from dentists and assistants for the quality of checkups, effective teaching techniques and for the efficiency and accuracy of X-rays.
- Improved the average checkup experience by shortening the duration by 12% and increasing patient satisfaction by 20%.