Your childcare and wilderness expertises have progressed past the average camp counselor job description. Resumes allow camp supervisors to find the best camp counselor out there--you!
Camp Counselor Resume Highlights – Skills and Responsibilities
Don't just list skills; draw attention to your love for the wilderness and your experiences working with children:
- Medical certifications
- Wilderness certifications
- Athletic experience
Camp Counselor Resume Highlights – Success Stories
Show off your passions and how you've handled challenging situations:
- Camping & hiking
- Coaching sports
- Supervising camp activities
Camp Counselor Resume Example
Full-time Camp Counselor, Camp Waterhole, Bristol, VA
May 2010 – August 2012
- Camp Counselor: Full-time camp counselor to ten different children every two weeks, ranging from ages six to seventeen. Responsible for care, safety, hygiene, entertaining and character development.
- Camp activities: Administering camp activities and ensuring the children's safety. Activities included swimming, sailing, trampoline, high ropes, sports competitions, crafts, camping, hiking, etc.
- CPR, Lifeguard and Wilderness First Aid Certified: Earned through the American Red Cross.
- Coordinated safe and fun camping trips even in unpleasant weather conditions.
- Successfully taught campers how to tie knots, repel themselves, play sports with good attitudes and respect one another and their authorities.
- Effectively made a wooden, make-shift splint for a child who had injured her arm after slipping on a rock.
- 20 hours of wilderness safety and child development training, annually, 2010-2012.