Thinking about working for Amazon? Not sure what to expect? Here are some tips on how to get a job at Amazon:
1) Their hiring process typically takes one to three weeks. Amazon will usually interview a candidate once or twice over the phone, and if that goes well, they'll most likely ask you to come in for an on-site interview with members of the company. Stay in contact with employers via emails and phone calls. Take initiative and show them that you truly want to work there and that you are willing to go the extra mile for it.
2) They're looking for ambitious, innovative people to help them reach their goals. Likewise, employers want "pioneers" to join their team and individuals who believe that "success is measured against the possible, not the probable." In other words, an ideal Amazon candidate is creative and works hard for the best solutions.
3) Express a desire to learn and show them that you want to positively impact the company. Speed is also important at Amazon as they take "calculated risks" in delivering the best products to their customers. Reference a situation where you displayed efficiency in a work environment.
4) Do your research on the company. Dig into the history of Amazon, their mission statement and their services. For example, it would be helpful to know that Amazon values diversity and hard work so you can adequately answer any questions related to those topics.
5) If you get called in for an interview, prepare by running through their specific job interview questions. Some common questions include:
- Do you have any physical restrictions that might restrict you from doing the job?
- Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work and how you handled it.
- Safety is very important here. Tell us how you keep safety in mind at all times, even when you're rushing to fill an order.
- What do you think are the main qualities you will need to have to be successful at Amazon?
We hope you feel more prepared to start the hiring process! Best of luck and let us know below how it goes!