Retail Sales Associate/Photographer (Seasonal)
Are you a creative, high energy individual who takes initiative and wants to be part of creating memories that last a lifetime? Do you have a passion for photography and sales? Then we want you to join our JCPenney Portraits team! We’ll teach you what you need to know to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. If this sounds interesting to you, apply now!
We are currently seeking part-time Team Members.
Team Members capture images that are fun, spontaneous and creative to exceed the customers’ expectations, perform the sales process to achieve Sales Average expectations, talk with potential customers and call existing customers to schedule and confirm photography sessions, as well as provide a delightful customer experience. Team Members demonstrate professionalism and a positive mindset while showing concern for the safety of our customers by following established safety procedures and practices.
- High school diploma or GED, strongly preferred.
- Previous retail, service-related or photography experience, preferred.
- Previous sales experience, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, nights, holidays and weekends, as needed.
- Customer service and sales skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a good rapport with children and adults.
- Basic math and computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry) (specifically Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to work in multiple studios (where applicable) based on business needs.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently in some markets, may be preferred.
Team Members are required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. Team Members must be able to frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds).
A more detailed job description will be provided to interviewed candidates.
JCPenney Portraits is operated by Lifetouch Portrait Studios, which operates over 450 portrait studios across the United States and in Puerto Rico, including locations in many JCPenney stores. Our photographers are trained on contemporary posing, lighting techniques and composition to provide high-quality, fun portraits that tell every customer’s unique story. They capture moments and life’s milestones (e.g., birthday, holiday, graduation, engagement) as well as family, group and pet images.
We are Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful results of a background check.